Thursday, July 17, 2008

SoCal Day 5

I think tonight may be an entry lacking in photos. My mom's camera is in the other room, and I don't think we got many amazing pictures. Not saying that any I ever have are too amazing. Ooh I do have one from Disneyland the other day I'd better post. It's from this awfully cheesy Toy Story ride that's actually a bunch of fun. You ride in those little horse-less chariots there and shoot some signs on the wall. It's surprisingly entertaining. But anyway, here's me and Ben in action. Needless to say, we had absolutely no idea that our picture was being taken. I do remember seeing flashes on the wall, and wondering why they were attempting to blind us with them. I thought Disney was more wise than to attempt to cause seizures in its paying customers. Happiest Place on Earth... Geeze...
But on to today. This morning we went to Camelot. To Camelot! We loved saying this as we reminisced about the scene with the dancing knights from Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Camelot, as the knights in the movie warn, is a silly place. It's your average arcade/pizza joint/mini golf wonderland. I've decided that the Nelson family needs to make sure not to gamble. 
We blow plenty of money on games at places where prizes are involved, like this one. I can't imagine how much that would be magnified if we were playing for money! Afterward we got some lunch at this pretty cool bakery and cafe. However, with the chill menu, free wifi access, softly playing cool jazz, and modern decor, the place seemed like it would probably be more fitting for the place to be in Seattle as opposed to Southern California. It was just too chill for Orange County! But the food was pretty darn good, so I didn't complain. We snagged some bagels for tomorrow's breakfast. I can't wait to wake up to those delicious things.
The next thing on our itinerary for the day was, well, to eat dinner. We had an appointment at five with a family from one of the wards we served down here. It was a pretty cool experience (sorry for sounding so cliché...) to see a family Steven actually taught. The elders from the ward were there too. I do love spending time with the missionaries. It makes me quite excited to get out there for myself. After dinner, Ben, Steven, and I went out and got some food to take to the missionaries' apartment. Upon delivering it we got to spend even more time with the missionaries. Steven was kinda in this zone that made it easy to see what he must have been like in the field. And that was today! Not really as flashy as Disneyland, but probably more eternally valuable. Tomorrow we're headed to the beach! I can't wait...

3 comments:

Bridget said...

that's so cool you got to see Steven in his element with one of his families. Cool picture of you and ben ok that ride. My kids loved it. We had to spend the next 20 minutes looking at pics of Disneyland rides.

Bridget said...

"ok" should be "on'. I typed that on my iphone. I hate typos. Sorry.

Lynette said...

I bet the Elders loved having you guys come and visit...as much as you guys loved visiting!

I bet it is making Steven miss being a missionary!