Tuesday, July 15, 2008

SoCal Day 3

This entry may be brief... Well, at least photo-less. We didn't get back to the hotel until about 2. In the morning. Needless to say, I'm not too psyched about importing photos at this hour. I'll just give a quick rundown of our day.

Ooh breakfast this morning was quite a highlight. I really didn't want to go through any effort to get breakfast, so I played scavenger. Ben was eating a cookie with ice cream on top (don't you wish that was your breakfast!) and didn't finish it, so I was eager to help with his predicament. He also got a bagel from the hotel's continental offerings, and wasn't going to eat it either. There you have it, a meal. Ice cream, cookie, and a bagel. That's the way to start the day our right.

Today's schedule was Disneyland. And only Disneyland. So we hopped into our car and drove to the parks. We decided this time around it would be best for my mom's arthritis (and temperament) if we pushed her around in a wheelchair all day. My mom was willing to swallow her pride and take the plunge. I will have to ask her when we finish going to the parks if she felt she was treated differently while riding in the wheelchair. I would hope it would be a positive change! Although we did have a somewhat unpleasant experience when Steven bumped a lady's leg while walking. The profanities sailed toward a very apologetic Steven. The lady seemed much more content being perturbed than forgiving. I felt like socking her in the jaw. Fortunately, I held back my urge.

As I came into the parks I remarked that Disneyland must be much more fun as a small child. Today held pretty true to that. The familiar and nostalgic rides were frankly just that. Familiar and nostalgic. I couldn't entirely shake the Disney magic though. There's something about the supreme attention Disney pays to every detail that just commanded my attention. And imagination. I was like a child (well, a smaller child) again as I tried to imagine what dreams must have been dreamed in designing the attractions.

Our scariest moment came as we returned to our car. We received a note under the windshield wiper blade that told us someone else with the same vehicle was able (mistakenly, I might add) to get into our locked car. Whether with their keys, using our keypad, or with their remote control, our car was not really so locked to them. They warned us to be careful in what we left in the car. We avoided leaving our valuables at the hotel, so our car was a jackpot for any potential thieves. Had they been successful, I couldn't have written this post. I assured everyone in the car the probability of such an event happening two days in a row were quite unlikely. They weren't all too assured. I'm just glad my Statistics class could give me comfort when I worry about my belongings. Mr. Best would be proud.

As for tomorrow, I think our journey again heads to Disneyland. I'll probably include some pictures tomorrow, although I can't guarantee much. We may have another writing only edition.

3 comments:

Bridget said...

Disneyland is amazing if for nothing else than to see how the place is run. It's like a well oiled machine and the place is immaculate.

Let me get this straight. You didn't trust your valuables in your hotel so you left them in the car at the Disneyland parking lot? Then someone accidentally broke in but didn't take your stuff? At home do you keep your valuables in your car so any potential house thieves don't steal them? You guys are weird. And very, very lucky.

Lynette said...

ok that is just tooo crazy about your car. Nothing was missing? Yikes...you guys are very lucky!

Sounds like your trip has been fun so far...and very nutritionally sound! I am sure your parents are pleased!!!

Hope you got some pics of your sweet Mama in the wheelchair. Those could come in very handy as blackmail...down the road of course!!!

JeNeale said...

It sounds like you are doing a lot of eating! But the fish tacos do sound fantastic. Might have to go to our version of Wahoo Tacos -- Taco Del Mar -- tomorrow.

Just rest easy knowing that your cats are safe and sound, so far, and the fish in the back pond are not top-floaters, yet. I hope there weren't fish in the front because I haven't seen anything in there since you left. . .Of course, you know how I am with fish.

Have a great time, and try stashing your valuables under the bed at the hotel.