Tuesday, July 15, 2008

SoCal Day 3 Continued

I decided against trying to fit all of the pictures from yesterday (the real day 3) and today (day 4). So I counseled with my staff of editors, writers, and directors, and we collectively decided it would be appropriate for me to make an addition post to yesterday's post. So this post will really just be pictures and explanations of said pitches. Although i wouldn't be surprised if I distract myself a bit and write uncontrollably. Ask my family; it happens.
This first picture is of all the children reprising our not-so-famous picture of wearing crazy hats. Of course without purchasing them. Sadly enough my mom remembers that we did this some time ago and just had to do it again. I will admit my pick in hats isn't just a random choice, as I would assume was the case with my dear siblings.
 My particular hat pays homage to Fantasia and Fantasia 2000, two movies I've recently re-fallen in love with. I'll blame those movies as a significant reason I've become involved in music. Something about watching little paper airplanes dancing to Beethoven's Fifth just makes me smile. It's pretty inexplicable!
This next picture is of Steven and Ben making their own lightsabers after the Star Tours ride. Although they seemed really pretty cool, I decided against it. I really did this mostly so that I could "save up" the purchase for something I really wanted. So I got myself some shirts a bit later. I can't say I was wishing I had a plastic light up sword. Even if they were just like the ones in the movies. Lucky for me I resisted the allure enough to by myself I was really going to use.
This last picture is of us at our dinner. We went to the Blue Bayou inside the Pirates of the Caribbean ride. It's hailed as the best restaurant available to the public at Disneyland. reservations are often taken up shortly after the park opens in the morning. I've been before, but was just too young to remember the experience. I was pretty psyched for some good food. I went a little daring (for me) and got Mahi Mahi. It was, frankly, pretty awful. There's something a little sad when my dad's beef was more tender than my fish. It was dry and nasty. So for all of the rest of you planning on going to the Blue Bayou sometime in the near future, steer very clear of the Mahi Mahi. So honestly, that's about it. Now I had better get working on today's post before Steven gives me "the look" again.

1 comment:

Bridget said...

Thanks for the review on the restaurant. Tough fish is no fun. We're going to Disneyland in October with the kids but there's no chance they'll be getting the fancy shmancy restaurant so we're good.

The crazy hat picture is an obligatory one. My family has a similar one when we went as kids too.